I don't know my Polling Place?
Telephone the Pine County Auditor-Treasurer at 320-591-1670 or 1-800-450-7463 ext. 1670,or,go to the Secretary of State website at www.sos.state.mn.us and enter your address.
Why should I pre-register to vote?
Voting will be faster and easier if you are registered to vote when you arrive at the polls on election day. You can register on election day, however you will need to bring proof of residency with you.
How do I contact the Pine County Elections and Voter Registration Office?
Pine County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office
Kelly Schroeder Auditor-Treasurer
635 Northridge Dr NW, Suite 240
Pine City, MN 55063
Phone numbers: 320-591-1670
Toll free 1-800-450-7463 ext. 1670
Am I registered to vote?
Reasons why somebody who filled out a voter registration card may not be registered include:
- a third party conducting a voter registration drive did not submit the voter registration cards that they collected to voter registration officials
- the state system processing “kicked out" the registration for not matching with driver's license or social security information and the county elections office was unable to contact the registrant and/or rectify the problem
- the registration was not timely received
- the registrant's registration has become "inactive," i.e. the registrant has not voted in the four previous years.
What if I cannot get to the polls on election day?
You may cast an absentee ballot if you are unable to get to your polling site on election day. Absentee ballots are available 30 days before the election. Requesting a ballot is a two-step process. First, you must complete an absentee ballot application. Then you will receive a blank ballot to vote and return to your precinct. If you are eligible to vote by absentee ballot, you may do so either by mail or in person until 5:00 p.m. the evening before the election.
How do I register to vote?
Call Pine County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office at 320-591-1670. Leave your name, address and the number of eligible voters in your household. Voter registration cards will be mailed to you. Voter registration cards are also available at the Minnesota Secretary of State link. http://www.sos.state.mn.us/docs/107478720052005_vr_card.pdf
How do I get an absentee ballot?
Contact the Pine County Auditor-Treasurer at 320-591-1670or 1-800-450-7463 ext. 1670. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The office at the Pine County Courthouse; 635 Northridge Dr NW, Suite 240; Pine City, MN 55063 will be open for absentee voting the Saturday prior to any Primary or General Election from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and the Monday prior to the Tuesday Primary or General Election until 5:00 p.m.
Can I register to vote on Election Day?
You can register at your polling place on Election Day. You will need one of the following to verify your residence:
- Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, identification card, or receipt for one, with your current address, if the Minnesota license or ID has a former address, you may bring a recent utility bill* to use with your license
- "Notice of Late Registration" postcard (received because the prior registration application was received after October 12)
- U.S. Passport with utility bill
- If you are a student, you can use...
Student ID, registration, or fee statement with your current address
Student photo ID without your current address with utility bill*
Student ID if you are on a student housing list on file at the polling place
- Someone who is registered in the precinct where you live who will vouch for your residence
- A valid registration at another address within the same precinct,
What if I am not registered to vote, but want to cast an absentee ballot?
If you are not a registered voter, you can still register and vote by absentee ballot. A voter registration card will be included with your absentee ballot materials. The completed voter registration card must be returned with your ballot. The card cannot be returned separately. Only select forms of identification are allowed to register to vote and a witness to countersign the application is required.