Pine County does not provide assistance in the completion of legal forms, nor does the county assume any liability for persons who attempt to complete legal documentation on their own. Below is a link to commonly used real estate forms.
STEPS INVLOVED IN THE RECORDING PROCESS
- Review the document for completeness and ensure that it meets the requirements according to Minnesota Statute.
- Determine if the correct fees have been submitted.
- Assign the document a sequential number and stamp with the recording date and time
- Index according to legal description
- Index by Grantor/Grantee & over 20 other fields
- Verify indexing
- Scan the document and quality check the optical image.
- Prepare a receipt and return to the presenter.