Minnesota Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE)
VINE is a free and anonymous service that allows individuals to find information about an offender’s custody status and to request notification about an inmate’s release. VINE only includes offenders in Minnesota county jails and detentions facilities. For more information visit https://www.vinelink.com
For release notification of offenders housed in a Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) facility, visit www.Minnesotachoice.com or call the DOC Victim Assistance Program at 1-800-657-3830.
Window Victim Services - serving Pine and Kanabec Counties
WINDOW Victim Services will provide advocacy services for crime victims, strive to provide a safe community through education and work to change attitudes and values that tolerate and accept abuse.
WINDOW is located at 204 Fire Monument Road in Hinckley. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. All victim services are free and confidential.
- Legal Advocacy - Orders for Protection (OFP), Harassment Restraining Orders
(HRO), family court information & referral.
- Court Escort
- Safety Planning for adults and children.
- One-to-One support and support groups.
- Safe homes and shelter referral.
- Assistance in accessing financial resources following a crime or assault.
- Assistance in navigating the criminal justice system (victim rights, victim impact statement preparation, court attendance and notification).
- Post-conviction victim services (collecting restitution, assistance filing civil judgments).
- Support for family & friends of victims/survivors.
- Education programs for schools and community groups.
WINDOW also provides supervised visitation & safe exchange services for a fee. Please call 320-384-6638 for more information. Also, more information at window4victims.com or call the Crisis Line, answered 24/7/365 at 1-800-644-0003