Contact the Pine County Office of Economic Development or one of the communities in the County for information on local resources for business development. These may include:
- Revolving Loan Funds: Pine City, Hinckley and Sandstone all manage local revolving loan funds for local business start-up or development.
- Tax Increment Financing: All county communities have at some time implemented a TIF district. TIF is a tax abatement strategy used to help finance the costs of real estate development to encourage developers to construct buildings or other private improvements and to pay for public improvements.
- Tax Abatement: A taxing jurisdiction agrees to forego some property tax income in order to provide an incentive for business start-up or expansion. The communities and the County all have abatement opportunities.
- Inexpensive Industrial Park Land: Pine City, Hinckley and Sandstone all have established industrial or technology park property available for business start-up or relocation.
- Business Incubator: Pine Technical and Community College operates a business incubator targeted at new, technology-based manufacturing or production companies. The incubator provides up to 7800 square feet of production space in a brand-new facility, along with a full program of business support services designed to help a new enterprise become sustainable.
Pine County: Lezlie Sauter, Economic Development Coordinator, 320-591-0019, email@example.com
Pine City: Mike Gainor, Community Development Director, 320-315-4885, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hinckley: Mark Perry, City Planner/Zoning Administrator/Building Inspector, 320-384-7491, email@example.com
Sandstone: Kathy George, City Administrator, 320-245-5241 firstname.lastname@example.org
PTCC: Dawn Sandberg, Continuing Education and Customized Training, 320-629-5184 email@example.com
PTCC Incubator: http://pineinnovationcenter.com/
Sandstone Industrial Park: http://www.sandstone.govoffice.com/index.asp?SEC=1ADD3D16-C35E-464C-A50B-3545D18B88DB&Type=B_BASIC
Pine City EDA and Technology Park: http://www.pinecity.govoffice.com/index.asp?SEC=A34F26CB-6F6A-4BEC-A5C1-EC3EEDC81574&Type=B_BASIC