Pine County Child Support Staff have been able to process over four million dollars in Child Support payments annually.
Child Support Services
Every child needs financial and emotional support from both parents. Child support includes basic support, medical support, and childcare support. A court order can require one or both parents to provide child support for his or her child(ren). The State of Minnesota and Pine County child support offices work with both parents to help children receive the child support they deserve.
NEW: Start the child support application online - click here.
Pine County Human Services offers State and Federally mandated child support and collection services, designed to assure that children receive financial support from absent parents.
Support and collection services provided are available to you if you have a minor child in your household who is financially dependent on you and has a parent who is absent from the home, Services include:
Location of absent parents
Establishment of paternity
Establishment and modification of support orders
Enforcement of support orders
SERVICES NOT AVAILABLE:
Legal Separation and Divorce.
Visitation and Custody.
- Spousal maintenance (alimony) establishment or enforcement.
Collection of unpaid bills, property settlements, or other debts not related to support obligations.
Legal advice or counsel of any type.
***You may wish to consult an attorney for assistance with the above issues.
How can we help?
- Cost-of-Living Adjustments (COLA)
- Custodial/Non-Custodial Parents
- Enforcing a Child Support Order
- Establishing Legal Paternity
- Genetic Testing
- Getting a Support Order
- Getting and Changing a Child Support Order
- Helpful Information for Employers
- Parenting Time (Visitation)
- Payment Information
- Recognition of Parentage
- How to enforce the other parents portion of the uninsured/unreimbursed medical expenses: https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-4931-ENG
- Parents with Minnesota child support cases can now get information about payments and what is happening on their cases through a secure website: Minnesota Child Support Online
- Access the Department of Human Services, Child Support Enforcement Division website at http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&dDocName=id_000160
- For information on receiving your child support through Direct Deposit, see http://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/children-and-families/services/child-support/programs-services/direct-deposit.jsp
- To contest the Cost-of-living increase implemented: http://www.mncourts.gov/GetForms.aspx?c=6&p=19
If you would like an application for Child Support or if you have further questions, please contact the Child Support Unit of the Pine County Health and Human Services Department at 320-216-4134 or 1-800-450-7463 ext 4134.