Financial Assistance

Financial Assistance


The Pine County’s Financial Assistance Team is responsible for administering numerous financial assistance programs that are funded by Federal, State, and County funds. Eligibility Workers  are trained to determine eligibility for financial assistance programs depending upon income and/or assets guidelines according to the Federal, State, and County statue and policies.

Please choose from the following topics or sub-section topics on the left hand side for more information about all the programs you may wish to apply or learn more about those programs.

Already Have A Financial Assistance Case In Pine County But Still Have Questions?

  • Call your assigned worker or 320-216-4100 or 320-591-1570

Ways to apply: 

  • Apply online for all Cash programs, SNAP, Child Care Assistance, and/or Emergency Assistance programs at
  • Apply online for MN Health Care Programs (such as Medical Assistance) at
    • Please email the Pine County MNSure Team  at or call us once you submit your application for us to verify it went through correctly and there were no technical issues. 
    • You may also fill out and return a Application for Health Care to your local agency office.
    • If you are elderly, blind, disabled, or on Medicare you should not apply through MNSure. Please call or our agency or view our Health Care Assistance section for more information.
  • To apply for the Pine County Burial program, please see the County Burial Program for more information, including the application which must be submitted to our agency prior to any funeral arrangements. 
  • Please call our agency if you need an application to be mailed out to you or if you have questions.
  • Please stop by other office to pick up an application. We have them available inside our lobby or outside our buildings by our secure drop boxes for after business hour access. 

Important: Do not delay. The day we receive the first page of the Combined Application Form with at least your name, address, and signature is the first day that you may be eligible for SNAP. This sets the date of application. You will still need to complete & return the rest of the application prior to your scheduled interview. 

How to turn in proofs: 

  • You can email our Financial Assistance Team at .
  • You can utilize our secure drop boxes outside both offices.
  • You can mail your paperwork to either of our offices.
  • You can fax your paperwork to either of our offices. 
  • You can call your Financial Worker directly or contact either of our offices to speak to support staff.  Please visit our Financial Assistance Team Staff Directory for contact information.
    • You will receive a call back within 1-2 business days. If you do not, please contact either of our office for someone to assist you. 

We want to serve you the best way we can and also keep everyone safe during these uncertain times. We have Office Support Staff, a Case Aide, and Financial Workers who are available to answer your questions during normal business hours.  Financial Workers are working remotely, but we do have staff in the offices to assist you. 

Lakes and Pines SNAP applications:
Lakes and Pines can assist Pine County residents with their SNAP applications, please see our Resources section for more information and ways to contact them. 

Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT):
There is P-EBT information, resources, and links available and located under our Resources under COVID 19.  Reminder that P-EBT is a temporary food benefit available to Minnesota families with children who would have received free or reduced-price meals if schools were open.

Mental Health Local Resource:
The Pine County Drop-in Center is open at the Pine City Senior Center 670 Main St S Pine City MN. Please check out our Resource section for more information, including their hours and activities each week. 

Pine County Operation Community Connect (OCC) Resource Event - Tuesday October 11th 10am-2pm in Hinckley, MN

OCC Pine County Flyer 2022


Cold Weather Gear Drive OCC 2022

Drop off locations currently include:

Northern Pine County:
* Northern Pine Chiropractic Center 34381 Majestic Pine Dr Sturgeon Lake, MN
* Northview Bank (coats only) 8132 Co. Hwy. 61 Willow River, MN
* Northview Bank (coats only) 6340 Merchant St. Askov, MN

Central Pine County:
* Northview Bank (coats only) 510 Main St. Sandstone, MN 
* Northview Bank (coats only) 2203 Finland Ave. Finlayson, MN
* Northview Bank (coats only) 203 Old Hwy. 61 S Hinckley, MN
* Pine County Health & Human Services 1602 Hwy 23 N Sandstone, MN  

Southern Pine County:
* Twenty Three Brewing  Co 135 5th St SE, Pine City, MN 
* Pizza Pub 500 3rd Ave NE, Pine City, MN
* Our Redeemer Lutheran Church 825 Golf Ave SW, Pine City, MN
* Pine County Health & Human Services 635 Northridge Dr NW Pine City

Michelle Greuel, Financial Assistance Supervisor 

Pine County Courthouse 
635 Northridge Dr NW Ste 220 Pine City MN 55063
Tollfree: 800-450-7463 ext. 1570 or Direct: 320-591-1570

Fax: 320-591-1601
Drop box location: South Parking Lot. Across from Main Entrance. 
Operating hours: 8:00am- 4:30pm Monday - Friday, except for holidays.  

North Pine Government Center
1602 Hwy 23 North Sandstone MN 55072

Tollfree: 800-450-7463 ext. 4100 or Direct: 320-216-4100
Fax: 320-216-4101
Drop box location: Next to Main Entrance. 
Operating hours: 8:00am- 4:30pm Monday - Friday, except for holidays. 

**Please do not use the drop box location at the South Pine Government Center on main street as the signs indicate. Please only use the drop box location at the Pine County Courthouse (Pine City) or North Pine Government Center (Sandstone) for any documents intended for our agency. Thank you.

Encrypted Emails: Pine County IT policy requires any emails sent outside our agency to be encrypted. This is done to protect and secure the data exchanged. You may be required to enter a one-time password in when you get a secure email from us. If you receive an email from our agency that is not encrypted, please reach out to the Supervisor immediately.