The Pine County Financial Assistance Team is responsible for administering numerous financial assistance programs that are funded by Federal, State, and County funds. They are trained to review and/or determine eligibility for financial assistance programs (Emergency, Cash, Child Care, Food, and Health Care) depending upon income and/or assets guidelines according to the Federal, State, and County statue and policies.
Please choose from the following topics or sub-section topics on the left hand side for more information about all the programs you may wish to apply or learn more about those programs.
Already Have A Financial Assistance Case In Pine County But Still Have Questions?
- Call your assigned worker (See Directory) or 320-216-4100/320-591-1570 and/or send us an email.
- Due to increase call volume there may be a delay in returning phone calls. Please see the notice below about how to communicate with your worker and how to apply/reapply if your benefits end.
Ways to apply:
- Apply online for all Cash programs, SNAP, Child Care Assistance, and/or Emergency Assistance programs at MNBenefits.mn.gov.
- Apply online for MN Health Care Programs (such as Medical Assistance) at MNSure.org.
- Please email the Pine County MNSure Team at MNSure@co.pine.mn.us or call us once you submit your application for us to verify it went through correctly and there were no technical issues.
- You may also fill out and return a Application for Health Care to your local agency office.
- If you are elderly, blind, disabled, or on Medicare you should not apply through MNSure. Please call or our agency or view our Health Care Assistance section for more information.
- To apply for the Pine County Burial program, please see the County Burial Program for more information, including the application which must be submitted to our agency prior to any funeral arrangements.
- Please call our agency if you need an application to be mailed out to you or if you have questions.
- Please stop by other office to pick up an application. We have them available inside our lobby or outside our buildings by our secure drop boxes for after business hour access.
Important: Do not delay. The day we receive the first page of the Combined Application Form with at least your name, address, and signature is the first day that you may be eligible for SNAP. This sets the date of application. You will still need to complete & return the rest of the application prior to your scheduled interview.
How to turn in proofs:
- You can email our Financial Assistance Team at email@example.com
- You can utilize our secure drop boxes outside both offices.
- You can mail your paperwork to either of our offices.
- You can fax your paperwork to either of our offices.
- You can call your Financial Worker directly or contact either of our offices to speak to support staff. Please visit our Financial Assistance Team Staff Directory for contact information.
- You will receive a call back within 1-2 business days. If you do not, please contact either of our office for someone to assist you.
We want to serve you the best way we can and also keep everyone safe during these uncertain times. We have staff who are available to answer your questions during normal business hours. Most are working remotely, but we do have staff in the offices to assist you.
Notice: Counties and Tribal Nations are receiving more applications than usual and there may be delays per the MNBenefits website ( https://mnbenefits.mn.gov/ ).
If you no longer have benefits or wish to apply for Cash and/or SNAP or Child Care Assistance or Emergency, we encourage you to apply online at the MNBenefits website above.
Counties and Tribal Nations are receiving more health care renewals, paperwork, and a significant increase of phone calls. For this reason there may also be delays.
If you no longer have health care coverage, please reapply online at www.mnsure.org **
**Please do not apply on MNSure website if you are elderly, disabled, and/or requesting long term care or waiver services. Please contact our county agency for more instructions.
We strongly encourage you to email our Financial Assistance Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org for SNAP CASH or email@example.com for Health Care, for a faster response time than voicemails. Someone can respond back to you. Our email responses will be encrypted, please note.
If you have an urgent need, please call our agency and ask to speak to our Case Aide and/or Intake worker. Please have your case number and/or social security number ready for us to look up your information.
MA Unwinding: You’re going to receive a packet in the mail with information about how to keep your health insurance.
- It’s important to return the form by the deadline to avoid delays in health care.
- Learn more about renewing your health insurance at <mn.gov/dhs/renewmycoverage .
- Please let us know if your address changes right away, prior to renewal, if possible.
Please check out our Health Care Assistance page for more information about the MA Unwinding.
Mental Health Local Resource:
The Pine County Drop-in Center is open at the Pine City Senior Center 670 Main St S Pine City MN. Please check out our Resource section for more information, including their hours and activities each week.
Family Resource Center Page has more information, including dates/times, locations.
Family Resource Centers of Pine County are a place for connection to services and support.
The Pine County Family Resource Centers exist to provide a parent driven, safe and welcoming space for all, allowing people of any age to easily access resources that strengthen families.
Pine County families are invited to visit a Family Resource Center for information about community resources, referrals to services, or assistance completing applications and paperwork. We are here to help. Our services are free and confidential. All Families are welcome to join our parenting and family programs.
Throughout the month, there are also opportunities to meet individually with providers from Pine County Economic Assistance, Lakes and Pine, Pine County Child Support, Family Pathways Community Advocacy, University of Minnesota Extension, Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe support services and more.
Pine County Operation Community Connect Resource Fair's Facebook Page has information and updates. August 21,2024 is our next scheduled event.
Our 2023 event was a huge success as we had at least 300 people attend.