Welcome to the Pine County’s Financial Assistance Page!
The Pine County’s Financial Assistance Team is responsible for administering financial assistance programs that are funded by Federal, State, and County dollars. Eligibility Workers are responsible to determine eligibility for financial assistance programs depending upon income and/or assets guidelines according to the Federal, State, and County statue and policies.
Choose from the following list for more information.
- Cash Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- County-Paid Burial
- Emergency Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Health Care Assistance
- Welfare Fraud
Our county offices are currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we have several ways for you to apply, turn in paperwork, or to contact your worker. All Eligibility Workers are working remotely, so if you leave a voicemail for someone, they will contact you as soon as they can. We encourage emails from/to workers.
Here are the following ways your Pine County Financial Assistance unit can serve you:
1. To apply for Medical Assistance (MA) through MNSure, please go to WWW.MNSURE.ORG or Goggle Search "MNSure" to apply online.
**Please email MNSure@co.pine.mn.us or call us once you submit your application for us to make sure it went through correctly and there are no issues.
2. To apply for Cash, SNAP (Food Stamps), Child Care, Emergency programs please go to WWW.APPLYMN.DHS.MN.GOV or Google search "ApplyMN" to apply online.
3. To apply for county burial for a friend or family member who has passed away, please call our front desk or email our agency for additional options. The county application is located under "County Burial" to the left.
4. To return paperwork to our Sandstone office: There is a secure drop box out front. This is being checked several times throughout the day.
5. To return paperwork in our Pine City office: There is a secure drop box out front. This is being checked several times throughout the day.
6. You can mail in your paperwork to either office. Our addresses is on all paperwork we send out or it is also located on the side of this page.
7. You can fax your paperwork to either office. Our fax numbers are listed on the side of this page.
8. You can email your paperwork to the address below.
9. We also have paper applications at each office location by the secure drop boxes for people to complete and leave in the secure drop boxes, which are again checked several times a day.
We want to serve you the best way we can and also keep everyone safe. during these uncertain times. We do have support staff in the office who are available to answer your questions. Our phone numbers are listed on the side of this page. Please contact our offices if you have any questions or concerns.
If you wish to email your proofs of income into our office, please copy/paste or use the email address listed below and send a secure email to: INCOME.PROOF@CO.PINE.MN.US
** Please note, this email account is not normally used for correspondence, however due to the COVID-19 office changes, our agency can correspond with you during this time from this email account.
Food Distribution poster for Pine County residents at various locations between August - November: