- Lakes and Pines CAC, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization; a charitable, educational, private, non-profit corporation serving Pine County residents. Please check out their website or call them for a list of their programs or services they can assist you with. Website: https://www.lakesandpines.org/ or Toll Free: (800)832-6082
- A Place For You is is a transitional shelter for homeless adult men and homeless adult women that serves as a safe place for people in distress. A Place For You provides for basic needs and offers resources to provide life-changing alternatives while respecting the inherent goodness and dignity of each individual. Website: http://www.apfy.org or Phone: 320-438-7070
- Ruby’s Pop-Up Pantry is for anyone that is looking to extend their monthly grocery budget. For a $20 bundle donation, you will receive an abundance of groceries. Address: Pine City National Guard Armory 1305 Main St S, Pine City, MN 55063. Distribution dates: 4th Thursday of the Month
Registration begins at 4:30 PM. Food bundles available 5:00-6:30 PM. Website: https://www.rubyspantry.org/find-location?location=
- Pine County Veteran's Services is a great resource if you/or someone you know is a Veteran. We encourage you to check out their page as listed below or contact them directly for additional support, resources, and services. Website: https://www.co.pine.mn.us/departments/veterans/index.php or Phone 320-216-4100.
- If you and/or someone you know is deaf or hard of hearing please check out this additional resource page for freelancers to assist with communicating to our agency https://mn.gov/deaf-hard-of-hearing/communication-access/interpreter/find/freelancers.jsp
- Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe has a federally reconized tribe and reservation in Pine County. Mille Lacs Band Members are encouraged to check out the following website for more information and resources: https://millelacsband.com/
- Each Year around October the Pine County Financial Assistance Unit partipates in the Operation Commnuity Connect (OCC), which is a FREE event to provide resources to the community. It has historically been held in central Pine County (Hinckley) for the last several years. Please watch our main page for more information close to that date.
Financial Decision Making:
If you are having difficulty paying bills as a result of COVID-19, ask yourself these questions and use the Spending Plan worksheet to figure out your income and expenses before you make any big decisions: https://extension.umn.edu/coping-covid-19/financial-decision-making-during-difficult-times
Use this tool to help you make financial decisions:
If you have lost the ability to work because of circumstances related to COVID-19, there’s a good chance that you’re eligible for some unemployment benefits. Both state and federal eligibility requirements have been expanded because of COVID-19. Now people who have never been eligible before (for example, people in business for themselves) may be eligible. The Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program has been signed into law and guarantees expanded benefits for people whose jobs have been affected by the pandemic. Apply for unemployment (for Minnesota): COVID-19 and unemployment: https://z.umn.edu/covidunemploymentFree or for additional information please check out https://www.uimn.org/applicants/needtoknow/news-updates/covid-19.jsp
Free Renter’s 101 Online Course with a certificate upon completion:
This is a free online course that helps you better navigate the rental process.
Finding and keeping a home is an important step in maintaining a stable home environment. You'll get an overview of the tools and strategies you need to secure housing. https://z.umn.edu/Renters101
Through this course you will ensure you become a responsible renter by learning:
How to save money resources wisely to pay rent on time every month.
How to choose adequate, safe and affordable housing.
How to communicate effectively.
How to maintain a home.
How to navigate the rental process. This includes learning about screening, lease agreements, security deposits and moving out.