Family Home Visiting
Family Home Visiting is dedicated to the health and well-being of pregnant women and families with young children. Our home visitors support families to give their baby the best start possible, and raise healthy children who are ready to succeed. Our staff are highly skilled and experienced in supporting families, and will support your relationship with your children and connect you with resources based on your family's specific needs.
A public health nurse will visit you at home or another place you choose during your pregnancy and after the baby is born. The nurse will provide helpful information, tools, and support as you grow as a parent.
Why is home visiting helpful?
- Every parent can use some extra support
- Adding a baby to your family means many changes
- Babies are learning and growing constantly in the first few years of life
- Parents are their baby's first and more important teachers
What can a public health nurse help you with?
- Caring for yourself during pregnancy
- Preparing for birth and postpartum
- Promoting your baby's health and well-being
- Knowing if your child is growing and developing well
- Creating a safe home for your child
- Connecting with healthcare, childcare, school/job options, and other helpful services in the community
- Reaching goals you want in your life
How do I get started?
- Fill out the referral form link at the right side of this page
- Call us at 320-216-4150
- Ask your doctor to let us know
- If you go to WIC, the WIC staff can refer you