Agricultural Services

Planning and Zoning

Pesticide Applicator Licensing

The Pine County Planning And Zoning Department offers testing for commercial pesticide applicators. Tests are offered by appointment. For more information on licensing visit the MN Dept. of Agriculture's Pesticide Applicator Licensing page.

 Farmers seeking to apply pesticides on owned or rented land, not for hire, will need to be certified via the steps on the MN Dept. of Agriculture's Private Pesticide Applicator Certification page.

Noxious Weed Control

The Pine County Planning and Zoning Department enforces the Minnesota Noxious Weed Law. Landowners are required to eradicate or control weeds from the State Noxious Weed List. The MN Department of Transportation offers a great tool for identifying noxious weeds Here. Additionally, the Pine County Agricultural Inspector can be a resource by calling our office.


Invasive Species

Learn how to identify, treat, and control invasive plants through a University of Wisconsin developed Invasive Plant Control Index at . 

Access numerous invasive plant resources on prevention, early detection, resources, etc. at the Midwest Invasive Plant Network

Emerald Ash Borer

Wild Flowers

 Weed District Technical Advisor (a monthly publication and resource on technical topics such as handling herbicide treated pastures, invasive plant management with herbicides, approaches for salt cedar and Russion olive, using herbicides to treat under trees, etc.) 

April 2011 Weed District TechAdvisor

Noxious Weeds

Minnesota Department of Agriculture 2014 Commissioner's Order for Noxious Weed Listing and Approval

Noxious and Invasive Weed Program 

A Guide to Removal and Disposal of Noxious Weeds in Minnesota