Military Discharge Records


Military discharge records can be registered with the Recorder’s Office at no charge. Veterans can also receive a certified copy of their record at no charge.

If you are unable to come in person to get your record, you can fully complete the “Request for Release of Private Data" form and submit it to our office along with a copy of your driver's license. The release of military records is restricted to only the veteran, the deceased veterans surviving spouse, the surviving children if both parents are deceased, or the deceased veteran's parents.

Contact Information:
Veteran’s Services
1602 Hwy 23 N.
Sandstone, MN 55072
320-216-4250 or 800-450-7463 ext.4250

Veterans looking for military records that haven’t been registered can contact the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.