Pine County does not issue passports.

We can only assist you in obtaining a copy of your certified birth certificate, which is required for the passport application process.

Listed below is a list of some of the surrounding agencies that issue passports or assist with the passport application process.

  • United States Post Office Finlayson (320) 233-6581
  • United States Post Office Moose Lake (218) 485-4303
  • Kanabec County Auditor/Treasurer (320) 679-6430
  • Isanti County Auditor (763) 689-1644

Please call these facilities to check hours of business and requirements.

If you need further information about passports, contact the United States Department of State at: or call 1-800-275-8777.