Where to apply: You may apply for a Minnesota marriage license in any Minnesota county. In Pine County, you may apply at the County Recorder’s Office during the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Applications are not done after 4:00 p.m.
Who can apply: Both applicants are required to be present.
Age requirement: 18 or older.
- Application - $115.00
- Application for a Reduced Marriage Fee with Educator’s Statement - $40.00
See link below for Educator’s Statement Requirements.
Please note additional fees are required under certain circumstances. See “Other Information”.
Identification: A current valid ID is required to apply. An acceptable form of ID is a driver’s license, passport, government issued identification card or a tribal ID card.
Social Security numbers: Social security numbers are required on the application form. We do not need your social security card. (If you do not have a social security number, you will be required to certify that on the application form.)
Felony: If either applicant has been convicted of a felony since August 1st, 2000 to present time and is planning to change their name at the time of marriage, there will be a 30-day waiting period. (Please call for details and additional fees.)
Previous marriage: If either applicant has been married before the following information is required on the application form:
- Marriage ended by death - date of death, the city and state where the death occurred.
- Marriage ended by divorce – date the divorce was finalized, the city, county and state it took place in.
License issuance: The license is issued the same day you apply (unless you have a felony since August 1st, 2000 and are changing your name).
License validity: The license is good for six months and is only good in the State of Minnesota.
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes of time when applying for a marriage license.
- We accept cash, check or credit cards. (There will be a 3% convenience fee for all credit card transactions.)
- The marriage license is valid for six months.
- Birth Certificates are not required to apply for a Marriage License.
- Additional fees are required at the time of application if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Consent to marry a minor;
- Felony applicants changing name;
- Supplemental indenture form required;
- Marriage license is lost, destroyed or amended
If you have any questions, please contact the Pine County Recorder’s Office at (320) 591-1642.EDUCATORS STATEMENT REQUIREMENTS
WEDDING OFFICIANT INFORMATION