Discharge Records


Members of the armed forces are provided a discharge record, DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, on completion of total military service, including active and reserve service. Your discharge (DD214 or equivalent) is a very important document because your eligibility for all VA benefits is determined by it.

There are a number of sources from which you may be able to get certified copies or photocopies of your discharge record. Please contact the Pine County Veterans Services at 320 216-4250 or use the website:  www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/